Monday, October 25, 2010

The Night Bookmobile by Audrey Niffenegger

I love this quote by Neil Gaiman about Audrey Niffenegger's first graphic novel, so I intend to get a copy for my personal bookshelf:

"The Night Bookmobile is a love letter, both elegiac and heartbreaking, to the things we have read, and to the readers that we are. It says that what we read makes us who we are. It's a graphic short story, beautifully drawn and perfectly told, a cautionary fantasia for anyone who has ever loved books, and I hope the story of the library, of Alexandra, finds its place on the night bookmobiles of all of who'd care. It's a treasure." —Neil Gaiman

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haven't seen this one, but I let Ann have my copy of Diana Gabolden's The Exile. Wasn't prepared for it, but after a copy of pages I got into it.

Serial Reader said...

The members of the Texas Library Association have voted for "The Night Bookmobile" as their One Book/One Conference title. We are excited to bring this beautiful book to the attention of many who would have dismissed the title because it is a "graphic novel."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...