Monday, March 4, 2013

"Slow Books" Movement

U. S. independent book sellers meeting in Kansas City are optimistic.  According to this article in the Kansas City Star, the talk there has been that young audiophiles are returning to LPs and culinary types are asserting the attraction of “slow food.”  They think we could very well be witnessing a retro-fueled backlash against the digital tide. It could be more than wishful thinking that the rise of eBooks has slowed. They call the attraction of ink on paper the “slow books” movement.  Well, I've been a member of that movement for a long time...maybe many of you have too. 

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/01/4092744/us-booksellers-meeting-in-kc-express.html#storylink=cpy

2 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

I still don't have an e-reader, but my e-book sales bypass my print book sales so I'm thinking it's here to stay.
Ann

KY Warrior Librarian said...

Oh I agree. And I think it is a useful adjunct--I just don't think its popularity will ever surpass the physical book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...