Sunday, June 2, 2013

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

 
I read this book because John Green recommended it with this quote:  "Eleanor & Park reminded me not just what it's like to be young and in love with a girl, but also what it's like to be young and in love with a book." Well, that was just too enticing to pass up.  And since I'm a huge John Green fan, his recommendation was enough for me.  And I wasn't disappointed.  It was a funny and quite touching read about two misfit kids involved in that first love relationship and their story will break your heart and leave an unforgettable  imprint on it as well.  The dialogue between the prickly Eleanor and the quiet Park is searingly honest and will have your emotions going up and down like a roller coaster.  This book is just so darn cute and pure and quirky that I'm not sure I could really do it justice in the short format I've set for these reviews.  Suffice it to say, just do yourself a favor and read it.  You'll feel all warm and fuzzy afterwards.
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...