Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Amazon


Is Amazon taking over the book business? Check out this recent Time magazine article on Amazon and its founder, Jeff Bezos. Time Article. I found it very interesting. I think I say several times a day when looking something up on Amazon for a patron, "Gee, I don't know what we did before Amazon came along." This article on Amazon's vast empire and how it got so big is very thought provoking. And how about that Kindle? I haven't purchased one yet, I'm still too much of a bibliophile for that. But I do like the fact that you can store 1500 books on one. It's a lot easier to carry your reading with you if you have one of these new toys than it would be to carry the actual books (not that you would want to carry 1500 with you!). Anyway, very interesting....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...