Thursday, June 11, 2020

A Saint on Death Row: The Story of Dominique GreenA Saint on Death Row: The Story of Dominique Green by Thomas Cahill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love Thomas Cahill's Hinges of History series. When a friend pointed this book out to me, I thought I would give it a try. It was an interesting read. As Cahill says, “There are no mental health services offered to Death Row inmates. For whatever healing is done they themselves must be the healers.” And Green certainly managed to turn the tragic trajectory of his life into a cautionary tale for the rest of us. Desmond Tutu's teaching on reconciliation and forgiveness and the mention of the African Prayer Book was very inspiring. A very thought provoking read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...