Thursday, June 11, 2020

To Shake the Sleeping Self: A Journey from Oregon to Patagonia, and a Quest for a Life with No RegretTo Shake the Sleeping Self: A Journey from Oregon to Patagonia, and a Quest for a Life with No Regret by Jedidiah Jenkins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this memoir and travelogue with interest, because Jedidiah's father's book "A Walk Across America," was a favorite read of mine from years ago. I found it brutally honest but not quite as rustic as I had initially envisioned. There were a lot of buses, boats, taxis, cell phones, social media and encroachment of the modern world involved. Still quite an adventure though and definitely not something most people would even attempt even with those modern elements. His traveling companion was an interesting character and their personalities were so different from one another. I did find it thought provoking and enjoyable.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...