Thursday, August 2, 2018

A Gentleman in MoscowA Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I saw Ann Patchett's comment about this book being salve for a disordered world, and I couldn't agree more. I found this book to be delightful, old world, and just very courtly in tone yet infused with a lot of humor. It was a Book Club selection, the first book I have ever read by this author, but also such a nice change of pace from what we have been reading the last few years. It makes me want to read Rules of Civility, his first novel, which was ranked by the Wall Street Journal as one of the best books of 2011. This is not the type of book that you'll want to read quickly, but one to set a leisurely pace with in order to savor its finely composed writing.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...