Thursday, August 2, 2018

The Rules of MagicThe Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I adore Alice Hoffman's writing. This book is actually a prequel to Practical Magic (which became a cult classic and was made into a Warner film starring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman). One of my favorite quotes concerning Hoffman's writing is from Jodi Picoult who says "Reading an Alice Hoffman book is like falling into a deep dream where senses are heightened and love reigns supreme." I would say that is a pretty good assessment. I absolutely loved this book. I can't even begin to tell you how much. The Owens family is dangerously unique. Upon a visit to an aunt, they uncover family secrets and begin to understand the truth of who they are. It is a story about the power of love told in dreamy prose with unforgettable characters, set in a world abounding with enchantment. A story that tells you that we are fated to lose everyone we love because that's what it means to be human, and that the only remedy for love is to love more--and be true to yourself.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...