Thursday, August 2, 2018

Three Weeks To Say GoodbyeThree Weeks To Say Goodbye by C.J. Box
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first C. J. Box book I've read, and it's an older title from 2008. He's pretty popular at the library where I work, and now that I've read one of his books, I see why. He considers what he writes to be contemporary westerns. He lives in and writes about Wyoming, but incorporates cutting edge social and cultural issues and another element of the good western--a good man trying to set things right, often against overwhelming odds. The subject of this one is every adoptive parents nightmare-- a teenage birth father who never signed away parental rights shows up and with the help of his powerful father tries to take away a baby daughter from her loving adoptive parents. It quickly turns into a nightmare when sinister information about the boy and his father comes to light and the adoptive parents frantic efforts to keep the child are thwarted at every turn. Suspenseful, compelling, and thought provoking, I found this to be a very good read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...