Thursday, August 2, 2018

Long Way GoneLong Way Gone by Charles Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This poignant retelling of the Prodigal Son story was awarded Book of the Year at the 2017 Christy Awards. I like Martin's writing, and have enjoyed every book I've read of his. He has an uplifting faith that shines through each one without being preachy about it. One of the things I liked best about this book was its emphasis on music, guitars, and song histories. His books are always emotional reads, but if you love music like I do this is a particularly sweet ride. Cooper O'Connell is an itinerant preacher's son who leaves home seeking fame and fortune in Nashville. He quickly learns that his father knew much more than he thought he did. The story is told in three parts beautifully woven together. I don't want to take away anything from your enjoyment of the story if you decide to read it by saying more here. Just read it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...